The International Down and Feather Bureau – founded 1953 in Paris, France
IDFB is the international trade association of the down/feather industry (processors of raw material and/or producers of finished articles, filled with down/feathers), the down/feather trade and independent testing institutes for down/feather as filling material.
Provide a Worldwide Association for the Down/ Feather Industry, Down /Feather Trade and Testing Institutes for Down/Feather as filling material.
- Provide safety to the consumers with clear, simple and easily understandable definitions.
- Develop and promote International Standards for down/feather fillings. (IDFB Standards contain definitions and testing regulations.)
- Annual re-assessment of approved Testing Institutes to guarantee the maintenance of International Standards.
- Provide assurance: Annual check-up of the approved Testing Institutes. That guarantees worldwide the same testing methods.
- Annual round robin assessment of independent testing institutes and other participating laboratories guarantee worldwide maintenance of international test and quality standards.
Members are National Associations of the Down/Feather Industry, of the Down/Feather Trade and of Testing Institutes.
In countries were there are no associations, single companies can become members.
Mr. Stephen Palmer
Chairman of UNITED FEATHER AND DOWN INC.
Des Plaines, Illinois, USA
International Down and Feather Bureau
Josef Huter Strasse 31
6900 Bregenz, Austria
Tel. +43 5574 5232516
FAX +43 5574 523256